Saturday, February 20, 2010

UNCOMMON SENSE

Hello all!

Welcome to the inaugural post of my personal blog "UNCOMMON SENSE"

What's it all about? I'm an Objectivist, a student of the philosophy of Ayn Rand. I intend to apply the philosophy to current events, and speak my piece when the world goes rotten.

Who am I? I'm a NYC playwright, composer and lyricist. I'm the creator of the "John Galt speaking" series on YouTube. I'm a descendant of Revolutionary War soldiers, a student of history, and an admirer of the Founding Fathers. My favorite has always been Thomas Paine. He was a rabblerouser, a hellraiser, an atheist, a lover of liberty, and a man willing to stick his neck out.

Those were the times that tried men's souls; These are the times that challenge men's minds.

In the twenty-first century it is the "Common Sense", the mainstream, the stagnant swamp of American intellectual life that is the problem. "Uncommon Sense" is what we need now -- i.e., radical, new ideas.

I hope my blog can play a small part in spreading them.

Richard Gleaves

No comments:

Post a Comment